Makes 2 large loaves
- 8 cups unbleached all purpose flour (use last cup towards kneading dough and lightly flouring surface)
- 3/4 cup organic canola oil (or vegetable oil)
- 1 cups ultrafine baker’s sugar
- 2.5 cups warm water
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 3 packets yeast
- Sweet soy milk or agave nectar mixed with almond milk
In a large bowl:
- combine sugar, water, yeast, and oil.
- Stir and allow yeast to work and bubble for 10 minutes.
- Add salt and 7 cups of flour.
- Stir and empty contents of bowl onto clean, lightly floured surface.
- Knead dough for 10 minutes gradually lightly dusting dough with remaining 8th cup of flour only as needed until dough is tacky, but not sticky wet.