- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour (or gluten-free all-purpose baking flour)
- 3/4 cup raw sugar
- 1 1/4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3/4 cup coconut milk (can also use almond milk or soy milk)
- 1/4 cup safflower oil
- 1/2 cup applesauce
- 1 1/2 teaspoons all-natural vanilla extract
- 3/4 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 3/4 cup all-fruit strawberry jam
Preheat oven to 350 F
Prepare the dry ingredients:
In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together all the dry ingredients
Prepare the wet ingredients:
In a large mixing bowl, combine the coconut milk, 1/4 cup safflower oil, 1/2 cup applesauce, vanilla extract, and apple cider vinegar
Combine the two mixtures and bake:
Add the dry mixture to the wet and mix quickly (do not over-mix).
Spray the doughnut pan lightly with cooking oil spray.
Fill each doughnut cavity until 2/3 full (and not more).
Bake for 12 to 15 minutes until the doughnuts spring back to the touch.
Allow to cool.
Remove the doughnuts from the pan by inverting it.
Keep them warm in the oven until ready to serve.
While the sufganiyot bake:
Warm the strawberry jam in a small saucepan for a few minutes.
Glaze the doughnut tops with the all-fruit jam just before serving.
Arrange on a dessert platter, and serve the same day
- Medium mixing bowl
- Large mixing bowl
- 1 doughnut baking pan (this is an absolute requirement to bake these doughnuts and I recommend this doughnut baking pan)
- Cooking oil spray
- Small saucepan