A creamy vegan noodle kugel recipe.
- 10 oz. Curly/Swirly eggless pasta
- ½ cup vegan butter
- 1 ¼ cups vegan sour cream
- 1 ¼ cup sugar
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon (and extra to sprinkle on top at the end)
- 1 cup Just Egg
For the Vegan Cottage Cheese (1 ¾ cups):
- 1 ¾ cups vegan cottage cheese
- 1 cup soft or silken tofu
- ¾ tablespoons nutritional yeast
- ¾ tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- ¾ tablespoons lemon juice
- ⅓ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (150g) firm tofu, crumbled
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and grease a 9”x13” dish.
Cook noodles according to the package instructions.
Drain noodles and transfer to a large bowl. Add butter and let the warm noodles melt it. Mix to ensure butter is evenly distributed.
Make cottage cheese: in a blender, add the silken tofu, nutritional yeast, apple cider vinegar, lemon juice, and salt. Mix until blended.
Pour the blended mixture into a medium bowl. Crumble the firm tofu on top and fold to combine. Your cottage cheese is complete.
Add sour cream, sugar, cinnamon, and Just Egg to the cottage cheese bowl..
Add wet ingredients into the large bowl of noodles, fold.
Pour mixture evenly into greased 9×13 dish. Sprinkle cinnamon on top.
Bake for 1 hour or until the top noodles crisp to bown.