- 4–5 fresh tomatoes (the sweeter and redder the better)
- 1–2 cloves of garlic
- 1 medium cucumber (or half a large one)
- 1 small red onion (or a quarter of a large one)
- 1 yellow or orange bell pepper
- 2 cups vegetable juice (I like V8 Low Sodium.)
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- Salt and pepper to taste
Chop all of the vegetables into chunks and add to your blender. This doesn’t have to be an exact science.
Add all liquid ingredients.
Blend until smoothly combined.
Taste and adjust seasoning.
Transfer to a jug or bowl and cover. Leave to chill in the fridge for a couple of hours.
Keywords: tomatoes, chilled soup, gazpacho, vegan, plant-based